Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I've Been Slacking....

I know I know...I said I was going to try to post a new blog every week. I am like 3 weeks behind right now. Forgive me. I am a busy mommy. Hahaha. That is my new excuse for everything. Maddy finally said "Mama." Granted, she was angry because I put her in her pack and play so I could clean up a bit and thats the only reason she said it. She is a pretty smart girl. I have been begging her for weeks to say "Mama" and she would just look at me and laugh and say "Dada." When I want her to just chill and entertain herself for 15 minutes she screams bloody murder and mumbles a "Maaaama...mamamamamamamammaaaaa...maaaamaaa." I am a SUCKER and I screamed "YOU SAID IT!!!! OK OK I WILL TAKE YOU OUT OF YOUR LITTLE JAIL!!!!!!!" No cleaning up for me that night.

Ok, here is some picture overload. Kaitlyn got a tricycle for her birthday in April and Maddy has decided she loves it and wants to live on it. She just sits on the seat, holds the handle bars and makes her jungle noises until someone pushes her.







The firm had their annual Florida Marlins CPA Appreciation night and took us all to a game. Maddy had a good time, and she was very well behaved until the Marlins scored a homerun in the 9th inning. She DID NOT enjoy the celebration. My poor baby looked so startled and confused and cried and cried and cried. Here are a few pics...







We have been getting a lot of crappy weather lately, but last Saturday was a beautiful day. We got to take Maddy in the pool (a real one this time) and she LOVED IT! I knew she would. She is my daughter after all. I refuse to have a child that is scared of the water, so this is excellent progress. I want to start taking swimming classes with her and get it done before she ever has a chance to say she is scared. Imani doesnt know how to swim and is just now starting to be more comfortable in the water, but she still wigs out when Adam is holding her in the deep water. One day about 2 years ago she actually screamed "Oh God, someone please help me." Being the excellent responsible reassuring and comforting parents that we are, we laughed at her. Thank God the fear is starting to retreat.

Here are a few pics from our day at the pool and our evening of playing and watching movies that same night.














Thats it from our end. I promise I will try my best to keep up better...yeah right. We all know thats not really going to happen. Hehehehe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww! She is waering the STRAWBERRIES OUTFIT!!!!!!! I promise I will send you the pics from our visit. I am such a forgetful auntie.